Week 9

This week I will focus on moddeling the 3D background of our game. I will use Connor’s concept art when creating them.

  I decided to use Maya as we did have an induction in it at the start of the year. The software is also a bit easier to learn and accomodate with if we had prior usage of it or similar software.

When creating the background, I decided to do them in two layers for each dimension. This has the role of only loading the buildings as just two objects, to save memory and speed.

All I did was start from a cube and then extrude and modify each part I extruded as needed to match the artwork I was given.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s